Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The walls came crumbling down

I think that is a fitting title for today's blog especially after today's most depressing news. I have kept this to myself for about two weeks now and since I finally have verification I'll break the news. But first...
 I'll explain a little background. About 3 weeks ago I had a problem with my joint locking. It was a quick lock, unexpected and slightly uncomfortable. When it unlocked, it cracked. Didn't think to much of it because let's face it- this is me, and really strange things happen to me! Over the next few weeks the locking increased and the cracking increased. So I contacted the awesome Dr. Poor and told him what was going on. In the meantime while I was waiting for him to email me back I had the longest lock I've ever had-about 10 minutes and then, of course, the loudest most painful crack of all. This produced immediate swelling and I really thought the joint might have snapped. I was sent to do a CT scan yesterday to see what has been going on. Never heard anything from the doctor, until this morning...
There is bone forming around the BACKSIDE of the joint! Not on top, or in the front, but the underside and around the back of the joint! AND... He will do everything in his power to save the joint since the bone is growing in such a bad place. On top of that, I also need to have some fat sucked outta my belly (woohoo!!) to pack around the joint as a preventative. At this point I don't know if this will only be done on the left side or if the right will be given the same preventative measures. The surgery scheduler will call me today to get this set up.
I am asking for prayers of comfort for today because I am really not in a good frame of mind about this. I thought for sure everything would be done, but now I guess I get to prove how strong I am again!

No comments:

Post a Comment