Friday, February 10, 2012

Just A Few More Days

It seems like the 5 weeks since my original surgery date just flew by.  And now, here we are just a few days away.  It seems like I have nothing done.  With 4 kids there will always be plenty to keep us busy but the last few days I seem to be falling further and further behind.  I still haven't created a meal menu for my mom, I have 5 loads of laundry still to fold, the little ones' bedroom to clean (AGAIN!), grocery shopping for the next few weeks, a basketball game, a tornado, I mean kitchen, to clean, carpets to shampoo, sheets to wash.... the list goes on and on.  However, I did manage to clean out the car.  I don't want to come home in a dirty car. This is probably the first time in my life I wish I had a magic lamp to rub.  I could really use three free wishes. 

What I need to remember for my last day home (we're leaving Sunday) is how much I'm going to miss my little lovies:

Madison (8), our bright shining star who loves to read, draw and be a helper to those around her.
       

Cameron (7), our only boy, who loves sports, video games and torturing ALL the girls in his life!




                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
 Megan (5), the one with the sweet disposition, who loves playing dress up and house.  After her 3 month battle with pneumonia last year, we try not to take for granted all she brings to our lives.                               

Katelyn (4), the boss of the family. She gets her way more often than not, but she's cute, so we let her!
    

And last, but not least, Brad.  He's been with me through good times and bad. He's driven me countless times to and from the hospitals, dispensed liquid medication, refilled my ice packs and listened to my complaints.  Thanks honey for everything you do!


No comments:

Post a Comment