Friday, February 24, 2012

The Past Few Weeks

Well, it's been almost two weeks since the surgery.  While the doctors and nurses I've seen at my post-op appointments have been numerous in their praises on how well I look and how well I'm doing- I don't feel anywhere near like I'm doing good or looking well.  Let's face it - I feel like crap.  Crap that's been run over a few hundred times. I spend about 20 hours (if not longer) sleeping, having someone wake me up every 4 hours to gag down the 2 most vile medications on the planet, given something to drink, and off to lala land I go.  That describes roughly the last 11 days.  With the occasional shower (granted to me by my doctor 8 long days after the surgery).

This has definitely been the worst experience of my life.  It has been painful, tiring, and down right miserable.  I would not recommend it to anyone.  For those who have gone through it and survived (because, right now it feels like a toss up to me), I commend you.  You have made it through hell and back!  Congrats!  While my doctor is sympathetic to the misery, he does say I will still be miserable for another few weeks. Talk about squashing the small inkling of hope that this torture would only go on for another few days.  So, as I sit here sipping my tea and being grateful that I can eat some oatmeal in the morning, I am needing words of encouragement that months down the road this will all be worth it.  This has all happened for a reason and when this has passed I may know what that reason was.  I don't feel very strong, yet God doesn't give you more than you can handle.  I think in my case, this was more than everyone bargained for.  Let the misery continue!

3 comments:

  1. Oh honey :(

    You are by far one of the strongest people I know. You're a fighter and a Warrior and I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that you will come through on the other side of this journey better than ever.

    Don't forget that post-op depression is common, and that healing from such a long and devastating procedure is going to take time, but it will be worth it.

    Lovin' you sooooo!! Wish I could hug you and pamper you and paint your toenails for you and braid your hair and bring you mystery books and milkshakes and do everything possible to help you heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, may you feel the love and compassion, prayers being said for you, and words of encouragement being whispered from around the world as you fight this battle. May you gain strength each day! May the pain become less and less each second! May you be surrounded by angels that can comfort you and help in whatever way you need it. Thinking of you! (ps, I'm an on-line friend of your Aunt Dani - not just some random stalker chick) Sheryle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani truly loves you, and has asked all of us to step up and give you a cyber-hand. You'll be in my prayers, and I'm sending you as many good thoughts and as much healing juju as you can handle! Hang in there, Sherri....it WILL be okay.

    ReplyDelete